In collaboration with Nicholas Goodwin, DNP PMHNP, The Elite Nurse Practitioner is proud to announce the release of The Clinical Psychiatry for the Nurse Practitioner Course, The Elite Nurse Practitioner guide on foundational psychiatric evaluation and treatment for the non-psych NP and a solid review for the PMHNP! This course is the companion course to The How to Start a Psychiatric Practice Course which is being released at the same time. You can take either the clinical course, the business course, or bundle them together for a cheaper price (plus earn 14 CEU)! That will depend on what your specific needs are, but I urge you to explore the psychiatric business course page as well! Links are down the page.
This course is designed for the nurse practitioner who is wanting to expand their clinical knowledge! This course will cover the most common mental health conditions and medications a nurse practitioner of any specialty will see in practice. For the established or new grad PMHNP, this course is also a solid review of up-to-date clinical psychiatry PLUS you will learn a different perspective on treatment from Nicholas Goodwin, DNP PMHNP!
Did you know that approximately 1 in 4 people in the United States will suffer from a diagnosable mental health condition in any given year? Did you know there has been an estimated 13-15% increase in mental health and substance abuse conditions over the past decade?
Mental health is becoming one of the HIGHEST healthcare expenditures in the United States at $200 BILLION ANNUALLY! What does this mean? This means that YOU ARE seeing these patients in your practice, regardless of your specialty. Therefore, the aim of this course is to enlighten nurse practitioners of all specialties on the most common mental health conditions seen in practice and to provide a thorough review of foundational psychiatry. Not only will this improve your clinical knowledge, but it will improve patient outcomes!
This course is designed to teach the nurse practitioner the foundations of assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow up of the most common mental health conditions seen in practice. It is also designed to teach the new grad or established PMHNP an up-to-date psychiatric review and provide a different perspective on treatment from a PMHNP practice owner.
You will learn:
- The regulations, liabilities, risks, and scope considerations of providing mental health services in your practice.
- How to communicate with the patient and develop rapport with them.
- How to appropriately diagnose mental health disorders.
- The differences between the variety of mood disorders.
- Pharmacological treatments of unipolar-nonpsychotic depression including dosing, side effects, discontinuation, and cross tapering therapies.
- Pharmacological treatments of mixed depressive states and bipolar depression.
- An overview of antipsychotic therapies seen most often in practice and side effects to monitor for.
- The diagnosis and treatment of generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and PTSD.
- The diagnosis and treatment of ADHD.
- An overview of substance use disorders and their treatment.
- The diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.
- Suicidal assessment and treatment.
- Documentation of mental health conditions for the non-psych nurse practitioner.
- How to code for mental health visits and more!
PLUS, this course will award 8 official CEU hours where 4 of those hours are designated as pharmacology hours so you can stay up to date with your certifications and licenses!
There are over 6 hours of video and audio content where Nicholas and I go over a 295-slide presentation in detail! There will also be streaming audio recordings so you can learn on the go!
This course will include all the screening tools discussed in the course so you can effectively see your patients with mental health conditions today!
As a bonus, we are also including a clinical cheat sheet that will cover the most common conditions and their associated treatment. This will help you reference the actionable course content wherever you are in practice!
If you are wanting to expand your clinical knowledge, assess/treat mental health conditions more effectively, and earn some CE hours, then you should take this course today! Not only will you enhance your clinical knowledge and become a more well-rounded nurse practitioner, but you will also improve patient outcomes! So, what are you waiting for? Check out the course today!